ICDL Computer Essentials Training & Certification Programme
ICDL Module 1: Computer Essentials
- Your choice of online-e learning or printed course ware
- 3 x Online Practice Assessments
- 1 x Online Certification Assessment
- Virtual Train
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand key concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices and software.
- Start up and shut down a computer.
- Work effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows.
- Adjust the main operating system settings and use built-in help features.
- Create a simple document and print an output.
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organise files and folders.
- Understand key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files.
- Understand network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network.
- Understand the importance of protecting data and devices from malware, and the importance of backing up data.
- Recognise considerations relating to green IT, accessibility, and user health.